Sofia is the capital and the largest city of the Republic of Bulgaria with a population of 1,260,954.
Sofia has a humid continental climate. The expected weather during the conference is as follows:
- Average maximal temperature: 30 °C (86 °F)
- Average minimal night temperature: 14 °C (56 °F)
- Probability of rainy day: 29%
- Average rainfall in rainy days: 6 mm
More information about Sofia:
- The official site of Sofia Municipality
- Article in Wikipedia
- Sofia City Guide
- Bulgarian Travel Guide
Logic in Sofia
The local organizers of CiE 2011 are members of two groups: the Department of Mathematical Logic and its Applications at Faculty of Mathematics and Informatics, Sofia University and the Section of Logic at Institute of Mathematics and Informatics, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences.
- Department of Mathematical Logic and its Applications (University)
- Section of Logic (Academy)
You can read about the history of the development of mathematical logic in Sofia in the historical notes of prof. Dimiter Skordev.